Saturday 17 March 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


17 March


A light covering of snow has fallen overnight.  From the accumulation on the fence posts, it looks to be about a couple of centimetres.  “The Beast From The East” has returned for a weekend break!

The last remnants of the previous fall only disappeared about 48 hours ago.  Amazingly, there was still the odd lump lying around in the bottom of a ditch or beneath a hedge.  My Mum always used to tell me that if snow hung around like that, that it was waiting for another fall.  I have to admit that this time I had been thinking that her weather lore may be incorrect, but sure enough she was proved right.  She had an abundant stock of such meteorological sayings, which she passed on to me when I was a child.

The large flakes continue to drift down all day, but do not add to the layer in the garden.  “Big snow, little snow; little snow, big snow”, she told me.



All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/