Friday 23 February 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


23 February


The wind is coming from the east. A relatively rare event, but one which usually brings us snow.  The temperatures are dropping by the day.  I examine the patterns in the ice.  Puddles that look like small ponds have multi-fractured shapes or curved lines with bubbles trapped beneath the surface.  While I am watching, a bubble, the size of my hand, begins to move and does a passable impression of a 70’s lava lamp.

In the garden, I make sure that the bird feeders are full and that there are plenty of high energy fat balls for the birds - they are going to need them in the coming days!

Back in the studio, I work on the details of Millie’s face, again enjoying the blocking in process. By the time that I have finished work for the day, her character has begun to emerge.



All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/