Friday 16 February 2018



Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


16 February


Sustained light today.  The clear sky and sunlight give me more energy.  Towards the end of the afternoon, I put a final burst of strength into my painting and things start to come together.  Breakthroughs often happen at the last minute.  Approaching deadlines can mean a faster pace and less over-thinking, rendering a greater freedom in movement and expression.  I think that there is some similarity with sport in this respect.  Work produced with more verve is more exciting to look at.

I am pleased with the result and happy to leave it there.  I take Millie out for another walk and enjoy the increasingly Spring-like feel of the early evening.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/