Sunday 28 January 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


28 January



I am very aware of horizontal bands in the landscape today - narrow strips of field; lines of hedges; slender, rectangular blocks of mauve cloud.  During my weekly stint of kindling chopping, I pause to watch the white flecks of gulls moving forward and back repeatedly over the surface of the earth, into and with the prevailing wind.

The sun breaks through in the afternoon and at 3.20pm I see that the moon has appeared in the pale blue sky.  The light is warm and we see aconites and snowdrops in flower.  Spring begins to feel close at hand.

I return from the walk and spend some time looking at the work of Mark Rothko and William Scott.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/