Friday 26 January 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


26 January



Fog lies over the landscape this morning.  I wait until the sky above me has become milky white, and then set off to visit an area of private woodland, to which I have very kindly been granted access.

Within the wood, all is perfectly still and the mist creates an atmospheric backdrop.  I walk silently along the paths, pausing to take photographs.  Whilst I am there, the fog lifts and the sun saturates the surrounding hues.  I record the colours of moss, leaves and bark.

I return to the studio to paint during the afternoon, using the colour notes as reference for the current painting.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/