Tuesday 23 January 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


23 January



Despite the increased tiredness caused by the virus/meds combo, I manage to put in almost a full day’s painting.  The concentration very effectively reduces the pain and itch of the ever-increasing number of blisters around my waist.

I work mainly with a blue/mauve palette, include some warm greens and highlight with touches of orange and pink.  I am still thinking about the small garden birds and am very aware of their increasing activity and song around me as I walk - especially at twilight.  The recent shadows on snow are in my head and so I paint the little ones busily taking their last meal of the day, as the winter sun sets behind distant shrubs and trees, and just before they go to roost.







All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/