Monday 22 January 2018



Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


22 January


The snow has all gone and the day is sunny and much milder.

Work is hindered again by another trip to the doctor, as my mystery virus reveals itself as......(ta dah!) - Shingles. No wonder it has been so painful!  However, a trip to Lavenham is always welcome.

On the way back from the pharmacy, I pause to stare up at one of the white doves, who is perching, proudly upright, on the ridge of a tiled and mossy roof.  He looks like a small sentinel, gazing out over the ancient settlement, and reminds me of Raphael, standing on the spine of a Venetian roof in the wonderful “Miss Garnet’s Angel”, by Salley Vickers.

During the afternoon I visit the framer and talk to a gallery owner about re-stocking work.

I’m really keen to get back to painting tomorrow.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/