Tuesday 2 January 2018



Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


2 January

I am woken at 5.45am by the pattering of paws on a wooden floor, followed by their gentle scratching at the door.  Millie is telling me that she needs to be let out to go to the loo.

I open the kitchen door and look out over the garden to see the first and largest supermoon of the year on its morning descent.  It hangs like a huge, pale, pearlescent lamp in an inky blue sky, presiding over a scene of perfect stillness.  The valley beyond the garden appears to be made of pewter and I can see for miles.

Later, the sun rises in a bold display of crimson and gold - looking regal, but foretelling the arrival of wet and windy weather.  Its glory is soon shrouded in grey cloud.

After returning from a morning walk, I fill the bird feeders and notice the first snowdrops and crocuses emerging from one of the beds.  A gentle rain begins to fall and I remember that storm Eleanor is on her way.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/