Thursday 11 January 2018



Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


11 January



Fog.  Visibility is down and sounds are muffled.  It makes the landscape look mysterious.....but is still not good for painting!

I do what I can, but then the framer very kindly delivers some work and I set about constructing a box and packing a painting to be sent to a customer.  It is a kind of law of the universe that, no matter how many boxes I save to recycle, there is never one that is quite the right size!  Thus I begin wrestling with cardboard, fasteners and tape before I have a bespoke container for the picture.

Millie and I have our second outing at dusk.  I walk to a location from which I sometimes see owls take off at this time of day.  Unfortunately not this evening.  The sound of our steps disturbs a few roosting birds.  They shuffle amidst the branches overhead, whilst the trees “drip, drip” in the silence.


All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/